The Office of Sustainability (OoS) & the Institute for a Sustainable Earth (ISE) are pleased to announce the theme for this year’s Earth Month: “Mason Patriots for our Planet.” In addition, we’re partnering with EARTHDAY.ORG — the organization behind the global observance of Earth Day — for the second year in a row!
In April, the Mason Nation hosts many programs, events, and initiatives to celebrate Earth Month and exemplify our university’s commitment to a just and sustainable future for all. OoS and ISE are working together throughout Earth Month to encourage Mason Patriots to make an impact!
Virtual Bike 2 Mason Week 2021: (In-Person) Learn to Ride Class
April 24 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$10.00
IN-PERSON EVENT: The class is for Mason students, faculty, and staff.
If you are new to cycling or have not ridden a bike in quite a while, this class is for you! Learn to ride in a safe environment from certified instructors. Mason will provide bikes and bike helmets although you may bring your own.
All sessions will be held in Parking Lot C (southern end of campus – please see the Fairfax campus map.
If you plan to bring your own helmet and bike, please let us know by emailing email@example.com. The minimum age is 18.
• You will be required to display an active green Mason COVID Health Check™ response at the time of the class, either displayed on your phone or printed. Please visit the site and click on “Login to the Secure Platform”.
• Social distancing will be in effect for the Learn to Ride class.
• Masks are required.
• Disposable gloves will be available at the class site.
• High touch areas of the bikes will be cleaned on class day, including seats, handlebars/grips, brakes, etc. Disinfecting wipes will be available for class members’ and instructors’ use.
• Helmets are provided. They will be wiped down and Lysol sprayed prior to class day.
- The cost is $10. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inspired? We are, so come join us to make an impact at Mason.
Volunteer or intern with the Office of Sustainability’s Greenhouse & Gardens program to learn about sustainable food production, help decrease Mason’s environmental impact with the ‘Green Residence‘ program from Campus Efficiencies, enroll in a ‘Green Leaf‘ course or program, or earn grant funding from the Patriot Green Fund.
Connect with the Institute for a Sustainable Earth. Join students, staff, and faculty in 17 Rooms U, a new initiative jointly led by ISE & the Business for a Better World Center to engage and actualize the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) university-wide.
Fun fact: Mason was the first public institution in the state of Virginia to earn AASHE STARS Gold in 2014, and the Princeton Review, the Sierra Club, and others recognize our achievements. Read why we command their attention.
Join thousands of sustainability supporters and never miss out on everything you need to know by engaging with the Office of Sustainability @GreenGMU on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube, and the Institute for a Sustainable Earth @GeorgeMasonISE on Twitter. @ us to show us some love and use #GreenGMU to showcase your sustainable impact!
Questions, thoughts, ideas?
Chat us up about Earth Month: email@example.com