The Sustainability Coordinator promotes sustainability scholarship and curricula across Mason’s academic units through a two-year, half time position in the Office of the Provost.
Specific tasks include:
- Developing and implementing an action plan for the Academic Vision at Mason;
- Chairing the Sustainability Studies Advisory Council (SSAC) while participating in pertinent Mason-wide committees;
- Communicating current curricular efforts in sustainability;
- Supporting faculty and curriculum development activities surrounding sustainability issues;
- Coordinating the development of interdisciplinary sustainability research and scholarly programs;
- Coordinating internal and external communications and marketing efforts regarding courses and programs in sustainability;
- Assisting with integration of coursework in this area with existing and potential majors, minors, certificates, and general education; and
- Working with University Life, Facilities and other Mason vice presidents’ sustainability efforts to promote co-curricular activities.
The Sustainability Coordinator can be contacted via email at: email@example.com.