Current sustainability-focused funding opportunities include both tuition-related and research-related support.
- Tuition support for one exceptional student pursuing sustainability each year is provided by the Storm Sustainability Scholarship (see below).
- Mason provides semi-annual support for sustainability-focused research projects through its Patriot Green Fund (PGF)
- Mason’s sustainability faculty and Mason’s Career Services also email students with occasional opportunities for pertinent local jobs, (paid and for-credit) internships, and service learning opportunities as well.
- Mason also provides a number of scholarships for all students; please visit the university’s financial aid page.
The Storm Sustainability Scholarship
Initiated by their children, the Peter and Marjorie Storm Sustainability Scholarship annually recognizes a student excelling in one of Mason’s many green leaf academic programs. That student receives support towards tuition in a subsequent semester at Mason.
Eligibility and Qualification
- Any student pursuing an academic program designated as “green leaf” in the course catalog or the Sustainability Studies website is eligible to apply.
- Recipient may be a full‐time or part‐time student and may be an in‐state or out‐of‐state student.
- Recipient will qualify on the basis of both academic merit and financial need.
- Candidate must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA and must be enrolled in or have already completed any capstone course in the green leaf academic program being pursued.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete this year’s George Mason University Scholarship Application, provided at http://financialaid.gmu.edu, via the Scholarship drop down menu.