Can I work on a stormwater related project as a part of my class?

Yes. You can do a stormwater related project as a part of your senior design course, as an Undergraduate Research Scholars Program (URSP) scholar, or as a part of a faculty led student team. In addition, Patriot Green Fund (PGF) enables students to conduct research and implement scholarship-related projects that demonstrate environmental leadership and benefit the Mason community and surrounding region. You can apply for PGF funding to support your stormwater related research or infrastructure improvement project. Several RS designated courses also give you an authentic research or creative experience.

There are also ongoing efforts at the Innovation Food Forest to maintain stormwater features and reduce erosion in the walkway there. Volunteers can help clean out drainage trenches and return deposition after rainstorms. Students can propose plans for class projects to improve the design.