Does Mason provide financial support for not driving onto campus?
Posted: February 2, 2018 at 9:51 am, Last Updated: February 2, 2018 at 10:03 am
Yes, Mason offers multiple ways for faculty, staff, and students to save money or time by not driving alone to campus including:
- Commonwealth Commuter Choice: Mason offers full-time employees up to $260 per month of tax-free financial support to cover the cost of commuting to Mason via public transportation or vanpool.
- Bike Commuter Choice: Mason also offers faculty and staff a Bike Commuter Choice option. If you bike to work 8 times per month, you will receive two complimentary parking passes per month. You also have access to shower facilities on campus. For more visit Transportation Bikeshare Commuter Program website.
- Both Commuter Choice programs above also offer access to the Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH) Program. The GRH provides peace of mind in case an emergency arises or you cannot find a ride home. It is designed for employees who rideshare (carpool/vanpool), use mass transit (bus, train), bicycle, or walk to work at least two times a week. It is absolutely free to sign-up for and free to use. Once you register you can use the GRH service up to four times a year. For more visit Commuter Connections Guaranteed Ride Home website.
- Additionally, all students, faculty, and staff can receive a complimentary U-lock and bike light for registering their bike with the Parking and Transportation Office. For more visit their website.
- If you have any questions about your transit benefit, please feel free to contact Parking and Transportation at email@example.com or 703-993-2828.
Write to Margaret Lo at firstname.lastname@example.org