You can take steps to conserve energy, on and off campus! These include:
- Setting your thermostat settings to 70°F in the winter and 76°F in the summertime. Heating and cooling needs are a building’s largest energy use. Dress appropriately to stay comfortable and ease thermostat use.
- Shortening your shower time to reduce the amount of energy necessary to heat up water – or better yet, take a cold shower!
- Washing full loads of laundry with cold water.
- Purchasing LED light bulbs for task lighting, as LEDs are longer-lasting and use less energy than traditional incandescent and CFL lightbulbs.
- Switching off and unplugging all electronics and electrical appliances not in use, as opposed to using standby power.