How can we know which bike trails are safe?
Posted: February 2, 2018 at 9:54 am, Last Updated: September 19, 2019 at 2:02 pm
Your best bet is to understand your comfort zone and do a little research on trails in the area to see what is right for you. Below is a sample of the bike trails available in the area by county/city as well as trails within the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Arlington: Bike Arlington has materials to help bicyclists plan safe routes, including a comfort map.
- City of Fairfax: City of Fairfax trails are shared by bicyclists, pedestrians, runners, dog walkers and other users.
- Fairfax County: Bike Fairfax Interactive map has comfort ratings to help bicyclists choose their routes.
- Loudoun: For more visit Loudon County Bicycle and Pedestrian Information page.
- Prince William: For more visit Prince William County Trails and Blueways Directory page.
- Commonwealth of Virginia: For more visit Virginia Bicycling Federation Virginia Bike Routes page.
Write to Amber Saxton at email@example.com