The mission of the Office of Sustainability is to use the strengths of George Mason University – innovation, responsiveness, flexibility, and community strength – to provide leadership in environmental, social, and economic stewardship on our campuses and throughout the local and global communities of which we are a part.
- The Office of Sustainability started in 2007.
- Mason aspires to be climate neutral by 2050. Here is our progress to date!
- We received our second STARS Gold rating in 2017.
- Students can choose from over 125 Green Leaf courses.
- Mason launched the Institute for a Sustainable Earth in 2019 to put ideas into action.
The Office of Sustainability’s offices are located in the Northeast Module 2 on Fairfax Campus, across from the Rappahannock Parking Deck and Hamptons Road residence hall.
You can reach us over email at the following contacts: