The mission of University Sustainability is to use the strengths of George Mason University – innovation, responsiveness, flexibility, and community strength – to provide leadership in environmental, social, and economic stewardship on our campuses and throughout the local and global communities of which we are a part.
- University Sustainability started in 2007.
- Mason aspires to be climate neutral by 2050. Here is our progress to date!
- We received our third STARS Gold rating in 2021.
- Students can choose from over 125 Green Leaf courses.
- Mason launched the Institute for a Sustainable Earth in 2019 to put ideas into action.
University Sustainability’s offices are located in Facilities Administration on the Fairfax Campus.
10402 Rivanna River Way
Fairfax, VA 22030
You can reach us over email at the following contacts: