How to Apply for Funds
Please download and read all relevant application guides before submitting any applications to the PGF. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated. If you have questions, please read the FAQs at the end of each document. If you still have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Forms and Guides
- Quick Fund Application
- Quick Fund Application Guide
- Preliminary Application
- Preliminary Application Guide
- Infrastructure Improvement Project Application (Final)
- Research Grant Application (Final)
- Final Application Guide
- Faculty Guide – Faculty, start here to learn about how you can leverage the PGF for your classes and research
- PGF Review Rubric
Deadlines for Submission
Quick fund submissions, which are less than $1000, will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
The deadlines for the Preliminary and Final proposals are on the following dates to be reviewed:
- Friday, September 13, 2019
- Friday, October 4, 2019
- Friday, October 25, 2019
- Friday, November 8, 2019
- Friday, February 7, 2020
- Friday, February 28, 2020
- Friday, March 27, 2020
Application Process Details
Full scale projects can take months to complete, so please plan your timeline accordingly. Quick Fund applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and take about 2-3 weeks to review. Again, please review the “Guide” documents provided above for more details about the timelines and expectations of the application cycle.
Before Applying: Eligibility Reminders
Any current student, faculty, or staff member may apply for funds to support a sustainability project. Please review the “Guide” files above for more details about the type of projects that will be supported by the PGF. Some important notes:
- Research projects must have an undergraduate or graduate student leading the project – research projects led by faculty alone are not eligible.
- Students leading facility projects are strongly encouraged to locate a faculty or staff mentor outside of the PGF Committee.
- PGF funds are available immediately upon the committee funding approval. Project funds must be expended by May 31st unless special permission is requested.
- PGF award funds may be allocated to purchase supplies and/or materials essential to the completion of the project.
- PGF will not reimburse students for items purchased directly. All purchases should go through the university and obey all the purchasing rules. All funds are transferred to university department/office that purchased supplies and/or materials, and are not issued directly to students.
- Infrastructure improvement projects requesting over $20,000 and research projects requesting over $5,000 are strongly encouraged to apply for other grants and/or obtain funding from other Mason departments.
- If you have any questions, email email@example.com for more information.