How to Apply for Funds
Please download and read all of the application guides before submitting any applications to the PGF. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated. If you have questions, please read the FAQs at the end of each document. If you still have any questions about how to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Forms and Guides
- Quick Fund Application
- Quick Application Guide
- Preliminary Application
- Preliminary Application Guide
- Infrastructure Improvement Project Application
- Research Grant Application
- Final Application Guide
- Faculty Guide – Faculty, start here to learn about how you can leverage the PGF for your classes and research
Deadlines for Submission
Quick fund submissions, which are less than $1000, will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. All other proposals will be due on:
- Friday, September 15, 2017
- Friday, October 6, 2017
- Friday, October 20, 2017
- Friday, November 10, 2017
Please see Apply for Funds for more details about the deadlines and expectations for submitting a project proposal.
Wonder how to write a successful Patriot Green Fund (PGF) application? Curious about PGF and its application process? Please join Office of Sustainability and OSCAR staff for joint PGF and URSP application workshops on:
- Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 3:00pm to 4:30pm Fenwick 1014B – Instruction Room, and
- Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 1:00pm to 2:30pm Fenwick 1014B – Instruction Room
Before Applying: Eligibility Reminders
Any student, faculty, or staff member may apply for funds to support a sustainability project. Please review the “Guide” files above for more details about the type of projects that will be supported by the PGF. Some important notes:
- Research projects must have an undergraduate or graduate student leading the project – research projects led by faculty alone are not eligible.
- Facility projects requesting over $20,000 are strongly encouraged to apply for other grants and/or obtain funding from other Mason departments.
- Students leading facility projects are strongly encouraged to locate a faculty or staff mentor outside of the PGF Committee.
Application Process Details
Full scale projects can take months to complete, so please plan your timeline accordingly. Quick Fund applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and take about 2-3 weeks to review and approve/deny. Again, please review the “Guide” documents provided above for more details about the timelines and expectations of the application cycle.