Student Positions are Now Available
- Be in good academic standing
- Write a brief description about why you want to be on the committee (250 words or less)
- Provide a resume and a letter of recommendation from a GMU Faculty or Staff member
Applications materials can be sent to email@example.com
Deadline is Monday, September 9, 2019
The fund is managed by a committee of five students, two faculty and two staff members. The committee is responsible for processing and approving applications, marketing the PGF, and giving individual attention to each project to support its success.
Committee Member Responsibilities
- Availability: Committee members should have the availability and authority to spend whatever time is needed to make decisions on project funding. Therefore, a signed commitment will be required from the committee member. For staff and faculty members, consent must also be given from their immediate supervisor in order to be able to accept membership in the committee.
- The Committee is responsible for processing and approving applications, marketing the PGF, and giving individual attention to each project to support its success.
- Committee members are expected to attend a meeting around every month-and-a-half, totaling a minimum of 4 meetings a year. However, it is possible that up to 6 or 7 meetings will occur throughout the school year.
- Committee members are required to miss no more than 50% of the meetings a year.
- Committee members are expected to provide specific thoughts and feedback on each project’s merits (or lack thereof), which may take several hours in one week, depending on the volume of applications.
- Student Committee members are expected to serve as project shepherds for people who have been awarded PGF funds, to assist them to ensure all of their questions are answered, and to ensure their spending and reporting responsibilities are met in a timely fashion.
- Students who are interested in being members must be willing to serve a minimum of a one-year term and a commitment of 2 to 3 hours per week.
If you’re interested in applying, please contact the PGF chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org