Happy Sustainability Month Patriots!
The Office of Sustainability exemplifies Mason’s commitment to a just and sustainable future for all.
Join us in the supporting the Mason Community in its mission
Mason celebrates many sustainable programs, events, and initiatives during Sustainability Month! Check out the featured events we encourage all Mason Patriots to attend to make an impact!
Mason Sustainable Best Practices:
• Volunteer with the Office of Sustainability’s Greenhouse & Gardens program to learn about sustainable food production.
• Support a zero-waste campus by volunteering for a building waste audit shift!
• Be a sustainability leader and reduce Mason’s environmental impact with help from the Patriot Green Fund.
• Visit Mason’s sustainability map and find your nearest water bottle refill station, pollinator garden, zero waste station, alternative transportation options, and more!
• Learn about how Mason is accelerating action in response to the climate crisis by developing a new Climate Action Plan (CAP).
• De-stress by taking a walk through Mason’s accredited arboretum or visit it virtually here to learn more about Mason’s stewardship of its trees, gardens, and other natural spaces.
• Cut your carbon emissions by taking Mason’s free shuttle service to campus.
• Eat and shop locally by visiting the weekly Mason market every Thursday at the JC East Plaza between 12:00 – 4:00 pm. You can also visit virtually through the Mason Marketplace store.
• Learn more about Mason’s pivot to reusable and compostable alternatives to single-use plastics by reading the recommendations and FAQ in the Circular Economy and Zero Waste Task Force’s Reference List!
• Become a Mason recycling expert by learning about what goes into each bin to help reduce contamination!
• Learn more about sustainability by enrolling in a Green Leaf course.
• Live on campus? Follow these easy tips to be a green resident!
• Get connected with sustainability-minded faculty with the Institute for a Sustainable Earth. Or apply to ISE’s undergraduate internship opportunity with the Global Sustain+Ability Scholars program!
Fun fact: Mason was the first public institution in the state of Virginia to earn AASHE STARS Gold in 2014, and the Princeton Review, the Sierra Club, and others recognize our achievements. Read why we command their attention.
Join thousands of sustainability supporters and never miss out on everything you need to know by engaging with the Office of Sustainability @sustainMASON on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube, and the Institute for a Sustainable Earth @GeorgeMasonISE on Twitter. @ us to show us some love and use #GreenGMU to showcase your sustainable impact!
Questions, thoughts, ideas?
Chat us up about Sustainability Month: firstname.lastname@example.org